Monday 25 April 2011

Happy Easter....





Well we have officially 'opened' The B&B Room is finally finished,the dining room is finished and so are the additions to the kitchen, really am now 'cooking with gas' and oh boy does it make an improvement to one's fried eggs! Fridge is stocked with local sausages and bacon from the Llwynheleg Farm Shop and we have plenty of our own fresh eggs. I've invested in a breadmaking machine, so we can hopefully have freshly baked bread for breakfast instead of toast if wanted. All we need now is some guests!






We had a bit of a 'launch party' at Saturday tea-time, and I asked my friend Mary-Jane to cut a ribbon on the B&B door, wearing her Welsh Ladies Fly Fishing Team Jacket (Yes she really IS a member of the WLFFT) which she did admirably, speech and all. I was going to ask some more people along, but then had a 'duh' moment, when I realised if we HAD picked up a booking on Saturday, we couldn't very well have a trail of people inspecting our handywork around our first guests, so cut the guest list very short!


I hoped that buy getting all my signs out for the bank hoiday weekend at least, we may have attracted some passing trade for the future, as the road down to Mwnt has been really busy with traffic, and maybe some of them will remember us for a future trip to West Wales. I've got some more rack cards from Vista Print coming this week, and will hit town in earnest, handing them out to those who've already said they will put some in their shops, and take some into the tourist info centre. I'm hoping that advertising very locally will be sufficient for us, this year at least, but there are one or two online options I am exploring. I found out I can get a 'pin' on Google maps for nothing! Which seemed like a great idea (especially for free!) so hopefully in the next day or two a search for B&B near Cardigan will come up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment